2011 - Oral
History interview by Wayne State University Libraries project,
available as a .pdf
document or an MP3
Notable One Man Shows:
- 1999 - "Macropointillism"
- 1998 - "Electronica" The International Institute,
- 1991 - "Forgeries, Portraits & Landscapes",
Xochipilli Gallery, Birmingham, Michigan
- 1991 - City Arts Gallery, Drawing Retrospective, Detroit.
- 1990 - Alexander Center Art Gallery, Concord College, Athens WV.
- 2010 - "Motorcity
Revue" Sisson Gallery, Henry Ford Community College, Dearborn,
- 2007 - "2007
Actual Size Biennial", CAID
- 2006 - "Cass
Corridor art rabble", Sisson Gallery, Southfield, MI
- 2006 - Izzys Raw Art
Gallery - Detroit - Sept 2006 - Stephen Goodfellow - Lowell
Boileau - Martin Herchak - Chad Rasmussen
- 2006 - March - "Detroit All-Stars of Art",
- 2006 - February - "Center Gallery,
Faculty Show, College of Creative Studies, Detroit, Michigan.
- 2004 - Michigan Illustrators Show, "The
artist within: A personal approach to Illustration"
- 2003 - "The
Art of Fun, Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, Sept-Oct, 2003
- 2000 "8 1/2 X 11 Show, "The
Game" Detroit Contemporary Gallery, Detroit
- 1996 "Radiative
Primarism", with Sherry Hendricks Detroit Cass Cafe. 05/03/96
- 1996 "Finissage"
Birmingham, with Lowell Boileau 04/20/96
- 1995 "Interventions"
Detroit Institute of Arts.
- 1994 " Carnal Knowledge " '94 Michigan
- 1993 "Bill Board Project", Viegas
Gallery, Detroit. (Funded by the National Endowment for the Arts).
- 1992 " Micropointillism '92", Michigan
Gallery, Detroit, Michigan, curated by artist and Lowell Boileau.
- 1992 " Drawing Exhibition" Wayne
State University Community. Center, Detroit Michigan, curated by
- 1992 " Caught In The Act " Detroit
Focus Gallery, Detroit, Michigan.
- 1991 " Twenty Years" Willis Gallery,
- 1991 " Drawings " Artist Market.
Curators Jim Newara, Linda Mendelson, Detroit, Michigan.
- 1991 " Outrageous!" Michigan Gallery,
- 1990 " Motown Review" Michigan Gallery,
- 1990 " Motown Review" Buckham Gallery,
- 1990 " Detroit Kunst" Galarie Berndt
Kreps, Cologne, Germany.
- 1990 "UFO Show" Michigan Gallery,
- 1985: Gillman Gallery,
two man show with Lowell Boileau, Chicago, Ill.
Public & Private Collections (Recent):
- " Parallel Universe" Detroit Institute of
Art, Permanent 20th Century collection. 1993.
- " Time Gentlemen, Please" Michigan Gallery, permanent collection1992.
- " Turning The Valve", Solidarity House, U.A.W. Collection. 1992.
- " Seven Deadly Sins" Allan Freedman Collection. 1988.
Teaching, Curatorial and Administrative Positions:
- 1998-2008 - Instructor at
College for Creative Studies
- 1999/present - Perform annual Micropointillist workshops
for Wayne County Community College, Art Dept.
- 1998 - Instructing web publishing at Hannah house, Detroit, Michigan.
- 1994 - Performed annual Micropointillist workshops at the Michigan Gallery.
- 1992 - Co-Organized "Micropointillism '92" with Lowell Boileau at the Michigan
Gallery, Detroit, Michigan.
Web sites I actively maintain for
Proficient with the following software tools:
Present Blogs & computer work:
- 2008 - Emperical
Pantheo-Animism - Thoughts & Opinions
- 2009 - Daily
Kos - Thoughts & opinions
- 2005 - Created Belle
Isle Aquarium website
- 2004 - Created City
of Highland Park, MI website
- 2003 - Created Highland
Park Online Block Clubs
- 2002 - Created Tribes
of the Corridor
- 2001 - Featured by Gallery
- 2000 - Created site for Casa
de Unidad - now defunct
- 2000 - Crated site for the Straight
Ahead Jazz Band - now defunct
- 1999 - Placed and maintain website for
the band "Immigrant
Suns", under the broader umbrella, "phoneticrecords.com"
upon which the original group is now located. The site uses RealAudio
MP3, 14.4 & 28.8, search engine, discussion group
- 1998 - Created Web Site for Ravenshield
- Now defunct
- 1998 - Created Web Site for Stockexcess
- Now defunct
- 1997 - Created Web Site for writer Peter
Werbe - Now defunct
- 1997 - Created Web Site for writer &
journalist Lorenzo Dee Belveal, Search
engine, discussion group.
- 1996 - Constructed and placed the World's
first art museum online database at the Detroit Institute of
Art ( Beat San Fransisco's Museum
of Modern Art by three days!) of Art
Photo Department's collection of the museums images on the Web.
This site has an extensive database, making it the first major U.S.
Art Museum to make its collection available on the Web - Now defunct
- 1995 - Incorporated with "WeBgeeks
Inc.", Contracted to establish a Web Presence for "Birmingham
Internet Group/ BIG Surf CyberCafe" (bigweb.com, - Now defunct
- 1994 - Successful Bid proposal/Art director
for interactive multimedia project designed for Ford Motor Company.
Note: Verify at archive.org
Recent Electronic Illustrations
for Books, Newspapers and Magazines:
Art of Fun" Keri Guten Cohen, Detroit Free Press, Sunday
September 7th, 2003
- "The Art of Gambling
through the Ages", Feb. 2000 p.33 by A. Flowers and T.
Curtis, Huntington Press (ISBN 0-929712-90-0)
- Metro Times, May 7th, 1997, "Summer"
- Metro Times, Feb. 26, 1997, "The
end of Science?" by Peter Werbe, front cover.
- UAW, January, 1997, "Union-Busters"
by Matt Bates.
- UAW, January, 1997, "Rent-a-Cop"
- Metro Times, Aug. 28, 1996, "Love
Bytes" by Marti Benedetti
- Musician Magazine, Feb. 1996 "Don
Was' home Studio" (pp. 82-83) by Marc Weingarten
- Front Cover, "Union
Leader " Magazine 08/11/95
- Dave Barry article,
Detroit Free Press Magazine 04/02/95 .
- Dave Barry article,
Detroit Free Press Magazine 03/12/95
- Front cover, Detroit Free Press Magazine 6/5/94.
- Detroit Free Press Magazine , " CB Radio."
- Solidarity, March 1994, two page illustration.
- Front cover, UAW's
'Solidarity' December 1990 Inside front.
Recent Articles written about, or relating to the artist:
- "Chasing the URLs; Detroit artists learn their way around the online circuit."
by Chris Handyside, Metro Times11/1998
- "Virtual Gallery" by Alice Rhein, Oakland Press, 12/13/97, Section C.
- "Cyber Chagall" by Alice Rhein, Metro Times,
11/06/96, p. 24
Cyndy Weeks article, "Celebrations of Color and Light"
International Virus Magazine, Vol 1,10/01/95
- "Stephen Goodfellow: Cyber Art; from pointillism to pixels" by Hoby Echlin,
Metro Times, front cover, p.34-36, 10/9-15/94.
- "A fanciful mural snakes through its neighborhood" by Joy Harkanson Colby,
Detroit News, p. 11D 08/27/93
- "Artists stretch a point in the name of creativity" by Joy Harkanson Colby,
Detroit News, p.11D
- " The Power of Micropoint" by Lorenzo Buj, Metro Times 09/30/92 p.p.22,23.
- " 1991; " Year in Review" by Manon Meilgaard, Metro Times12/23/91,p.16.
- "Artists become Scapegoats" Joy Harkanson Colby, Detroit News,10/28/91p.C1.
- "Goodfellow mimics Masters" Marsha Miro, Detroit Free Press10/27/91, p.3Q.
- "Should the State commission Artists?" by Artist, Metro Times, July39th1991.
- "Potential Patrons" drawing, Detroit Free Press May 24th 1991, p.12D.
- "Drawings" Journal of Exhibitions Vol. 3, No.4 March 22nd - Apr.19th. Detroit
- "Brink of Extinction" Letter published in Metro Times March 6 -12th. '91.
- " Outrageous " review of Michigan Gallery show, by Marsha Miro, Detroit Free
- "Art Controversy" by James Barbery, front page, Bluefield Daly Telegraph,
- " Post-industrial moments on Michigan Ave." by Lorenzo Buj, Metro Times, p.16,
- "Play House" by Marge Colburn, Detroit News. p.1, section D. 2/24/90.
- "Recording new images on electronic easels" by Joy Harkanson Colby, Detroit
News, p.7c, 2/22/90.
I invented and paint in the Primary Micropointillist medium and
Macropointillist medium. Now I've adapted
this primary color technique for the electronic primary radiative
I have an interest in Plasma and gravitational
research, and entertain unconventional about the Giza Pyramids.
I play in a band and I enjoy playing